Brian K. Pearlstein
Practices: Maryland, D.C.vCard
Brian Pearlstein is the Managing Partner of Brodsky Renehan Pearlstein & Bouquet, and he enjoys an excellent reputation among his peers, clients, and community for his tireless advocacy for those who find themselves involved in complex and emotionally charged situations. Mr. Pearlstein’s ability to creatively tailor strategies on behalf of each client, combined with his conscientious approach and love of the law has made him one of the most sought-after family law attorneys in the state of Maryland and D.C.
“Whether it’s a divorce, custody, domestic violence, complex financial dispute, alimony or child support matter, my role is to tirelessly defend my clients’ interests, both in and out of the courtroom. I particularly enjoy working on complicated cases that require creative solutions as well as the ability to offer practical strategies for long term success.”
Mr. Pearlstein has been recognized by numerous publications and organizations for distinction in the practice of family law. Throughout his career, Mr. Pearlstein has successfully handled issues related to complicated financial matters, valuation of businesses/professional practices, real estate holdings, stocks and property disputes and domestic and international custody and support matters.
His practice includes resolving matters concerning:
- Child support
- Divorce and separation
- Complex property division & hidden assets
- Same-sex Marriage
- Prenuptial and other marital agreements
In addition to representing, D.C. area business owners, corporate executives and community leaders, Mr. Pearlstein is also approved and recommended as a family law attorney for the embassies of Belgium and France, for constituents residing in the US.
Licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland and D.C., Mr. Pearlstein is also licensed in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth District and the United States District Court for both Maryland and D.C.
Mr. Pearlstein litigates in Montgomery, Frederick, Anne Arundel, Howard and Prince George’s Counties, as well as in Baltimore City and Baltimore County. He has argued appellate cases before the D.C. Court of Appeals, Maryland Court of Special Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Mr. Pearlstein is a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan in 1988 and his Juris Doctor degree from American University’s Washington College of Law in 1991. He joined the firm in 1995 and was named a partner in 2001. Brian became the Managing Partner of Brodsky Renehan Pearlstein & Bouquet in 2007.
- Juris Doctorate, Washington College of Law, American University - 1991
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Michigan - 1988
Awards & Honors
- America’s Most Honored Professionals
- AV Preeminent Judicial Edition: Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal & Ethical Standards Reflecting the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary
- AV Preeminent Rating Martindale-Hubble
- Baltimore & Washington D.C.'s Best Attorney by Legal Leaders Magazine
- Best Lawyers in the 25th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for work in: Family Law
- Best Lawyer in America in Best Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in Washington D.C in U.S News & World Report
- Best Lawyers in Washington D.C in the Washington Post
- Best Lawyers in America List
- Best Law Firms in Maryland in U.S News & World Report
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in Maryland
- Top Lawyers in Washingtonian Magazine
- Washingtonian Top Divorce Attorney
- Washington’s Best Legal Minds
- Washingtonian Best Divorce Lawyers
- Washingtonian Top Lawyer