Practices: Maryland, D.C.vCard
Family law has been the sole professional focus for Bryan Renehan since 1977. An aggressive and systematic approach to family law is the best way to characterize Mr. Renehan’ s representation of clients. He is celebrated by clients, journalists, and fellow practitioners as one of the area’s best divorce attorneys. Mr. Renehan’ s organized and professional approach helps to maximize a client’s result by settlement or, when necessary, by litigation.
“I believe that every client’s case is unique and has its own challenges. No two cases are alike and each client deserves a particularized and systematic approach to solving their divorce or other family law issue.”
Mr. Renehan has been consistently recognized by his peers as being at the top of his profession. Martindale-Hubble peer and client reviews earned Mr. Renehan the highest “AV Preeminent” rating. Washingtonian Magazine and Bethesda Magazine have consistently named him one of the top divorce attorneys in the Washington D.C. area. Every year Mr. Renehan is awarded Super Lawyer status by Super Lawyers Magazine. CEO Magazine named Mr. Renehan an “Elite” attorney. He is recognized nationally in The Best Lawyers in America publication.
The Maryland Bar Association frequently selects Mr. Renehan to teach family law courses to Maryland attorneys. He has given seminars on topics such as taxes in divorce, valuation of businesses, division of pensions, custody, and alimony. Since 1985 he has taught an annual course named the “Family Practice Update” which reviews all family law cases and new legislation each year.
Mr. Renehan graduated from Fairfield University with a degree in economics and from New England School of Law having concentrated in trial practice, business planning, and tax. His career in family law began in 1977 after clerking for a Circuit Court judge in Montgomery County, Maryland.
In addition to his passion for the law, Mr. Renehan’ s outside interests include endurance sports, golf, woodworking and photography. He has run more than 20 marathons including qualifying for the Boston marathon on three occasions. He challenges himself with numerous Triathlons including the Escape from Alcatraz in San Francisco and the Lake Placid Ironman in upstate New York. His recent challenge included climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro.
His professional and personal pursuits uniquely position Mr. Renehan to handle the most challenging of cases. His patience allows him to handle the surrounding emotional issues in family law cases with compassion, while his stamina helps with the rigors of the most complicated cases. His professional experience, approach, and focus on detail are all geared to achieve the best results for his clients. “I am very fortunate to have had fabulous mentors who guided my approach to family law, while my passion for practicing it shows in the results I obtain for clients.”
- Juris Doctorate, New England School of Law
- Bachelor of Science, Economics, Fairfield University
- Former Chair of Family Law Section for Maryland State Bar Association
- Former Chair of Family Law Section for Montgomery County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Washington D.C. Super Lawyers 2021
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2021
- Best Law Firms in Maryland in U.S News &World Report - 2016, 2017
- Maryland and D.C. Super Lawyers - 2011-2017
- Named to Best Lawyers in America in - 2010-2017
- Named as One of Baltimore & Washington D.C.'s Best Attorneys by Legal Leaders Magazine - 2015
- Named as a Top Divorce Lawyer by Bethesda Magazine - 2014
- Named Legal Elite by SmartCEO Magazine - 2010
- Super Lawyers - 2008, 2010
- AV Rated Martindale-Hubble 20 years - 1990-2010
- Top Lawyers in Washingtonian Magazine - 2009
- Top Attorney in Maryland in Baltimore Magazine - 2004, 2009
- Washingtonian Magazine's List of "Top Divorce Attorneys" for Past 20 Years
- "AV" Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell for Excellence in the Practice of Law