Heather R. Sweren
Heather R. Sweren joined the firm as an Associate in 2006 and was promoted to Partner in 2015. She is licensed to practice law in Maryland. Ms. Sweren received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Maryland, College Park, in 2001 and her Juris Doctorate from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2005.
Ms. Sweren is actively involved in several Maryland Bar Association committees and organizations, and recently completed serving as a co-chair to the Montgomery County Bar Association Family Law Section for 2 years. She is the liaison to the Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section for the Women’s Commission of Montgomery County. In this role she helps coordinate the Commission’s efforts to educate women on the divorce and family law process. Ms. Sweren is also a member of the Peer Review Committee for the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland and a former member of the Montgomery County Inns of Court.
Prior to her employment with the firm, Ms. Sweren interned with the Honorable Gary Everngam in the District Court for Montgomery County, Maryland, and the Honorable John W. Debelius, III, in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland. She then clerked with the Honorable William J. Rowan, III, in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Juris Doctorate, University of Baltimore - 2005
- Bachelor of Science, University of Maryland, College Park - 2001
- Former Montgomery County Inns of Court
- Member of the Maryland Bar and Montgomery County Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair of the Montgomery County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Active Member of the Family Law Section of the Maryland Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association
- Montgomery County Women's Commission Liaison to Montgomery County Bar
- Member of the Peer Review Committee for the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland
- Certified as Best Interest Attorney for Minors
- Developments in Maryland Family Law - 2016
- Developments in Maryland Family Law - 2015
Awards & Honors
- Named a "Rising Star" by Maryland & Washington D.C. SuperLawyers