Kristina Badalian is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. Named a Super Lawyer for 2019-2021, she is nationally recognized as one of the top family law attorneys in her region as well as the entire country. Born in Los Angeles, California, Ms. Badalian received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, San Diego, in 2001. She obtained her Juris Doctorate from American University’s Washington College of Law in 2005.
Ms. Badalian joined the firm as an Associate in September 2006 and was promoted to Partner in 2015. Experienced in all aspects of family law, she was recently certified as a collaborative divorce attorney, and is a trained mediator.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Badalian was a law clerk with the Montgomery County District Court. She is an active member of the Maryland State Bar Association, Bar Association of Montgomery County, and the Montgomery County Inns of Court. She has served as Co-Chair of the Family Law Section of the Montgomery County Bar Association, where she was honored as Co-Chair of the Year for the Family Law section in 2013. Ms. Badalian also chaired the Montgomery County Bar Association’s Judicial Selections Committees during 2018-19. President of the Women’s Bar Association, Ms. Badalian has served the organization as an at-large member of the Executive Committee and its Secretary since 2014.
Ms. Badalian speaks conversational Armenian.
- American University's Washington College of Law - 2005
- University of California, San Diego - 2001
- President of Women’s Bar Association of Montgomery County — 2020–2021
- Co-Chair of Women’s Bar Association Auction Committee — 2019–present
- Member of Racial Justice Committee
- Member of Montgomery County Inns of Court
- Member of the Maryland Bar and Montgomery County Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair of the Montgomery County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Active Member of the Family Law Section of the Maryland Bar Association
- Certified as Best Interest Attorney for Minors
- Member of the Women’s Bar Association’s Judicial Selections Committee
- At-Large Member of the Maryland State Judicial Selections Committee
- Former Chair of the Montgomery County Judicial Selections Committee
Awards & Honors
- Washington D.C. Super Lawyers 2021
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2021
- Named Best Lawyer in the 27th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© - 2021
- Super Lawyer, 2019-2021
- Best Lawyers in the 25th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for work in: Family Law - 2019
- Best Law Firms in Maryland in U.S News &World Report - 2016, 2017
- Named a Rising Star by Maryland & Washington, D.C. SuperLawyers - 2012-2019
- Co-Chair of the Year by Montgomery County Bar Association for Leadership of the Family Law Section - 2014
- Bar Leaders for Montgomery County Bar 2014