Establishment, Enforcement & Modification

Modification and/or Enforcement of Alimony Attorneys in DC, Maryland

Modification and/or Enforcement of Alimony Attorneys in DC, Maryland

Enforcement of Property Division

Court orders or agreements between parties regarding alimony and the division of marital property in DC and Maryland are not usually modifiable. However, if the terms of a court order or agreement regarding the equitable distribution of marital property are not followed by the one party, the other party may have a right to enforce the order or agreement and have the other party held in contempt of court. If you have questions about modifying your existing court order or agreement, or if the opposing party has failed to comply with an existing court order or agreement, our experienced attorneys can help advise you of your rights and the appropriate actions to take.

How to Enforce a Prenuptial Agreement, Postnuptial Agreement or Separation Agreement

Prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, or separation agreements can be modified only if the parties agree to said modifications and the agreed upon changes are reduced to a signed writing. Couples sometimes agree to deviate from the terms of a written agreement but said actions do not change the actual terms of the written agreement. If one party does not follow the terms of a prenuptial agreement, a postnuptial agreement, or a separation agreement, the other party is not relieved of the obligation to abide by the terms therein. For questions regarding these types of matters regarding alimony, contact one of our attorneys.

Recent Awards

Skip to content